Google

June 21, 2005

A Slight Diversion

This has nothing to do with corporate life or business intelligence, but it has struck a chord with me...

I'm pretty. I'm 23. I'm in a wheelchair. Now what? (subscription likely required)

One of the things that has struck me as I travel through this life is that most people never graduate from high school (mentally). In fact, the higher you go in corporate or government organizations, the more regressed the personalities become (as evidenced by the fourth-graders running America right now, but I digress).

Mr. Tennis posted an eloquent response to your letter, and I wouldn't pretend to improve upon it. If you read this, young lady, be assured that some of us in the "normal" world understand that we are a heartbeat away from your situation, and also realize that all you're asking is to be treated as "just another person". I would be honored if I were lucky enough to meet you. I would definitely learn a lot from you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home