Google

January 16, 2008

So Now It's Official

This one's been in the oven for a few months, so the actual announcement is kind of anti-climactic...

Oracle to Buy BEA for $8.5 Billion

This negotiation apprears to be similar to the Peoplesoft purchase, where Oracle initially lowballs the offer, BEA sets a high price, and they meet in the middle over a couple of months*. In my opinion, this isn't as big a news story as the Sun/MySQL news, but I guess that just reveals my bias in the tech world.

But...what's up with this?

Ellison on a Short Leash in BEA Merger Announcement

* I put the start of the real Oracle-Peoplesoft negotiations at when Craig Conway was sacked in late 2004. I told people at the time, "It will be done within three months. They're just haggling on price now."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home