Google

March 18, 2008

DAMA Conference Update

I'm attending the DAMA International Symposium & Wilshire Meta-Data Conference this week in San Diego, CA. It's a standard conference - lots of buzzwords, new ideas, old friends, etc. Normally, I wouldn't comment on this sort of conference - it's really interesting to us data geeks, but really boring and fairly irrelevant to the world at large. However, I was really excited today at two of my sessions:

An Ontology-Based System of Registries for Metadata and Information Exchange

Semantic Complex Event Processing for the Real-Time Knowledge-Driven World

Now, the titles of these sessions could make even the most technical users cringe, I know. But here's the thing - I attended the CDI-MDM conference last year, with a session about Semantic technology and its relation to Master Data Management. It was attended by two people (including me). This year, these sessions had nearly overflow crowds (well, 40-50 people each, but still) with very engaged audiences.

The moral - here comes the Semantic wave, folks...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home