Google

March 13, 2006

Directional Change

With the (Chinese :-D ) new year, it's time for a change in direction of this blog. Frankly, the BI world doesn't really produce enough news on a consistent basis to be the focus of this blog - I don't deal in press releases, and I don't necessarily favor one platform over all others.* So, the focus of the blog will now primarily be on writing short essays about things that interest me from a larger viewpoint - how software projects run (or don't run), and how they can run better.

This change will accomplish a few things - it will give me writing practice, so that I might actually "officially" publish something someday. It will also hopefully be more interesting to read, and a little less snarky. Let's see how it goes...

So, without further introduction, here's the first series of essays...

* Yeah, yeah, I know - I've focused primarily on the vast silliness of Oracle over the last year - that's really just been residual hostility about the PeopleSoft takeover, having been in mourning since it happened...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home