Google

February 04, 2008

How to Run a Business Into the Ground*

United Air to Charge Some Fliers for 2nd Checked Bag

I already have a lot of reasons not to fly United, so this doesn't directly affect me. The sheer audacity of the move is impressive, though. The following quote says it all:
"Our customer research shows that only about one in four customers check a second bag,'' Executive Vice President John Tague said in today's statement.
So, it makes perfect sense to me to chase away 25% of your potential customers...especially from a company that has steadily deteriorated over the past several years.

*Sorry for the vivid metaphor, but these people continually cheese me off...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if the airline anticipates a sudden increase in the use of steamer trunks.

07:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home